Jeffrey Levine, Levine & Company Inc. was named the winner of the RCI Inc. 2012 Document Competition during the organization’s recent RCI International Convention and Trade Show in Dallas.
|The 2012-2013 RCI Inc. Board of Directors (seated, left to right): Immediate Past President Rick Cook, Second Vice President Sidney Hankins, President Chip Ward, Executive Vice President and CEO James Birdsong, First Vice President Tom Gernetzke, and Secretary/Treasurer Jean-Guy Levaque. (Standing, left to right): Region I Director Peter Brooks, Region II Director Robért Hinojosa, Region V Director Jon Peat, Region IV Director David Pierce, and Region III Director Ron Erdman.|
The organization also announced results of the election of board members.
The annual document competition recognizes members’ excellence in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior-wall construction project documentation. All entries were on display at the trade show.
Levine, of Levine & Company Inc., was recognized for Excellence in Report Writing for his entry on the Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Bryn Mawr, Pa. (building envelope investigation).
Levine also was recognized for Excellence in the Large Roofing/Waterproofing/Exterior Wall Project Documents category for construction valued greater than $500,000 for his entry on the First Presbyterian Church, Haddonfield, N.J. (roof and gutter replacement project).
Board Members Elected
The following individuals were elected to the RCI 2012-2013 board of directors.
• President: Arthur P. “Chip” Ward III, RRC, AP Ward Consulting Inc., Kennesaw, Ga.
• First Vice President: Thomas M. Gernetzke, RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC, RRO, Facility Engineering Inc., Madison, Wis.
• Second Vice President: Sidney I. Hankins, III, RRC, AIA, Roof Design and Consulting Services Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
• Secretary/Treasurer: Jean-Guy Levaque, RRO, LVM Inc., Milton, Ontario
• Immediate Past President: Richard L. Cook Jr., RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC, RRO, CSRP, CCS, LEED AP, ADC Engineering Inc., Hanahan, S.C.
• Executive Vice President and CEO: James R. Birdsong, RCI, Raleigh, N.C.
• Region I Director: G. Peter Brooks, Infra-red Analyzers Inc., Williston, Vt.
• Region II Director: Robért Hinojosa, RRC, RWC, REWC, RBEC, RRO, PE, Building Engineering-Consultants Inc., Destin, Fla.
• Region III Director: Ron Erdman, RRC, Infinity Roof Management, Addison, Texas
• Region IV Director: David Pierce, RRO, Foothills Roof Services Inc., Larkspur, Colo.
• Region V Director: Jon Peat, RRC, RRO, IRC Building Sciences Group Alberta Inc., Calgary, Alberta
Contact information for the board is available at RCI Inc. Board of Directors.
More information: www.rci-online.org.
RCI Inc. is an international association of professional consultants, architects and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall systems.