GreenWizard®, a web-based company offering services designed to “simplify building material selection,” launched a green-product search database reported to facilitate product transparency for users interested in building green.
The free online tool allows users to search through more than 1,000 manufacturers and more than 120,000 products by keyword or Master Format Number, the company says.
The search results yield lists of products and associated green attributes supplied by manufacturers. Manufacturers also can participate in GreenWizard’s database for free, the company said.
The resource includes product-specific information such as percentages of pre-consumer recycled content, post-consumer recycled content, rapidly renewable ratings, and product VOC levels where applicable.
The dot-com also offers paid-for subscriptions that allow customers to:
• Create and manage their products in an interactive and searchable digital library;
• View more detailed results, such as third-party certifications and regional materials relevant to a project, to better evaluate and manage products;
• Initiate communication with a participating manufacturer;
• Model and optimize product selection against project’s green goals;
• Simplify the submittal process by increasing document access in a central location and reducing the need for back and forth communications.
More information: www.GreenWizard.com.